Sunday 6 April 2014

Evaluation: Part Seven

What have you learnt about technologies from the process of constructing the product?

We used cross media convergence within our progress by using mobile phones a technology as a device to record on as an alternative to a specific camera. Due to social media being one of our main concepts; we decided to use footage which I captured on my phone to upload to social media websites (Facebook) which relates to protagonists and relates to our target audience - people with the similar age to our protagonists have uploaded videos via phones to social media. Therefore, it relates to our target audience. I have learned that alternative technologies can be used to capture videos or photographs to relate the audience to characters or initial concepts of our film.

I think that using a phone for recording was successful as it links with the concept of our target audience uploading videos to social media by using phones as a recording device.

We used my DSLR camera to capture photographs of our protagonists in the particular scenes which we desired, along with the ambience which we deemed necessary for our title sequence. We considered the environment due to our initial concept of our protagonists being shown in a outside as well as inside locations. We converged to phones to capture videos and photographs and we also converged to software on computers to associate with our title sequence.

I used a sound recorder to capture sounds of the clicking of the mouse and the sounds of myself typing on a keyboard; I did this so we could use it for our title sequence for emphasised Foley sounds.

I used screen recordings to attempt to capture our footage for our title sequence. Once I initiated the screen recording feature on a computer I captured footage of myself proceeding with the following: loading up the internet; typing in 'Facebook' in the search bar; logging into my characters profile (John Bell); browsing the media and observing the photographs and videos which have been uploaded to my protagonists Facebook profile. However, we faced some anomalies- the screen was too jittery; the frame rate was unsatisfactory (extremely poor); the clarity was atrocious. We managed to download a different software called 'Hypercam' to record and capture our footage for our title sequence. I have learnt that different pieces of software is specifically used for particular concepts. By converging to my phone from my camera has helped me establish the idea that teenagers use phones and other devices (convergence) to capture videos and photographs which would eventually be uploaded to social media websites. Therefore, I have used various pieces of technology to capture our footage and photographs for our title sequence.

No comments:

Post a Comment