Thursday 13 March 2014

Journal post - screen recording

From the feedback which we received from our first title sequence draft, I previously took screen recordings to capture the scenes which were required for our updated version of our title sequence. However, we had to contend with a few anomalies which affected the act of screen recording. We could not enlarge the screen wide enough to fit our desired scale, we also had to deal with changing the frame on Final Cut Pro for every single piece of footage which I captured by screen recording, the footage was affected due to blurriness when exported to DV on final cut pro. We dealt with the issue by using a different program to capture screen recordings. We also changed from DV to AVI; due to the blurriness which we experienced when editing on Final Cut Pro. We had a group discussion and concluded that we should not use the screen recordings which I gathered, the screen recordings which I took on the macs in school were considered useless due to the problems which we had to contend with. We managed to capture the footage which we needed by using a different program and we changed from DV to AVI.

I managed to capture screen recordings of the photographs which were taken and uploaded and historic photographs of Aiden and Louis (I did not upload any photographs of myself to Facebook or other social media sites because I could not get hold of any, instead I used photographs of myself around other groups of people from parties, outings, etc). I took screen recordings of myself opening the internet and using the search bar on Google to open Facebook and to begin logging into my characters profile, plus to view the posts, events, etc which appear on my profile. I also took a screen recording of the videos which I uploaded to our characters Facebook accounts,  I took the videos on my phone to make it seem more realistic where a teenager would be video recording his friends (to include the handheld effect and to introduce more realism). Finally, I gathered screen recordings of comments and status' which I created on the accounts which we created for our characters 'going camping' and the comment which was made for one of the videos which I  uploaded, our characters are not meant to realise that there is a zombie outbreak of course, but the comment justifies that our characters are noting small events and other abnormal occurrences. Luckily, we established another way to capture improved versions of my screen recording videos.


No comments:

Post a Comment